https://www.facebook.com/Julieg350dayinthelifewithmigraines?skip_nax_wizard=true

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Getting ready for Fall

10-10-12
I can safely look out my window as it is overcast, the sun is not glaring and adding to the migraine pain. The beautiful leaves are falling off the leaves before I can fully appreciate the amazing fall colors. The past few days of drizzle and gusty winds has played a part in that. My favorite colors are the vivid reds and rust. But when the backdrop behind trees is darkening when you look to the East and the sun shines on them as it sets in the West the bold colors just pop and explode. This is my favorite time of the year. I just love those colors so. But now they are falling to the ground too rapidly before I can have the chance to savor them all. Fall seems to fly by so fast, and seems to do more so year after year. Pretty soon those once bountiful trees will be bare and the ground will be covered with snow and the wind will howl as it picks up strenght as there will not be any leaves to block it's path.

Fall is beautiful, but it is also more treacherous for us migraine sufferers that suffer from barometric migraines. This time of year the atmosphere is at it's most unstable, going up and down like a child playing with a yo-yo, the constant ups and downs. As if the summer wasn't rough enough the fall can be even more catastrophic. We have to make sure we are like the squirrels and the black bears up in the UP who are storing up and getting ready to hunker down for the winter. We migrainers need to make sure we are stocked up and ready for this rough patch of Migraine season.

That we have all our prescriptions refilled and no fear of running out-our preventives and abortives and have them lined up ready to go. I find it handy to have my abortives on my nightstand lined up in the order in which they are needed. And I have my trusty clipboard with notebook paper and pen to make my notes of what I take and when. My size E oxygen tank is there also with a backup lying nearby with extra oxygen tubing and alcohol wipes and AYR to use in between doses.
I made sure I'm stocked up on decaf mint tea for when my tummy acts up and I max out on my Anti-Nausea meds. And I keep my cell phone with me at all times because you just never know when you need it plus the clock on it only lights up when I need it to write down my dose. I have my MP3 player charged and handy to play soothing meditation music very, very low to try take my mind off the pain and try to stay positive-that is my new mantra-to stay positive and be thankful and count my blessings. It won't take away the pain totally. I know I will never be totally pain free, but in my mind I can visualize and focus on other things so that I don't let the pain define me or take me over.
So as I look at the fall colors I can appreciate the beauty. I can appreciate what I have. I can ready myself for what lies ahead. And I can not let the pain define me and be thankful for what God has given me. The pain will not win. It may knock me out, but I refuse to let it define who I am and it will not become me!
Oh, it may help too if one day when I'm feeling up to it to make a big batch of homemade chicken soup broth. I cannot do store bought-the MSG stuff is evil and even the stuff that says no MSG added is a lie. if you go to this link and see all the hidden sources of MSG it will blow your mind and probaby a hidden reason why some are still getting migraines. So much for the truth in labeling they can get around it because of all the hidden sources of MSG as well as those suffering Gluten and Soy allergies as well:
http://www.truthinlabeling.org/index.html
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_geneticfood01.htm
http://www.glutenfreehelp.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TS-Hidden-Sources-of-Gluten1.pdf
http://www.glutenfreehelp.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TS-Hidden-Sources-of-Gluten1.pdf

So until next time my friends
Stay happy, be healthy and be safe

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God

No comments:

Post a Comment