https://www.facebook.com/Julieg350dayinthelifewithmigraines?skip_nax_wizard=true

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My first online chat-Oh my

I got to participate in my 1st ever online Migraine chat. It was pretty cool chatting online to my fellow Migraine sufferers and some outstanding peers that I look up to and admire and look to for advice, encouragement and support. We are all basically in the same boat looking for ways to survive and to get understanding, love and support from our loved ones-spouses, family, friends, co-workers, you name it. Even our own health care providers who should know better but often times they don't. To get good quality care often takes years of trying this doctor and that until finally, by some miracle you find the right one who is willing to take you seriously It took me over 25 years to finally find 2 doctors who have done just that. My current neurologist and my therapist. Finally I feel vindicated in a way that my Disease is real and they take it serious and they are not willing to give up on me. They take me seriously and work very hard with me to come up with treatment plans. If only everyone else in my life would do the same.
It is sometimes a solitary life. Until I got online this year and found a new home with the Migraine support groups and now with my fellow sufferers-my peers who give me encouragement, hope and understanding. I too hope to give back to them what they give to me.
I fumbled around though on this 1st time chat as I cannot key in very fast and I was mistyping a lot. Oh well. I never took the title for best typer in the world. And with fighting a migraine at the same time I gave it a fair shot. I got to chat with some pretty cool ladies. Pretty darn cool ladies I should rephrase that. I hope I'm up for it again next time.
In the meantime I think I am all teched out for the day. My pounding throbbing head cannot take the blaring screen anymore.
To all my migraine and Invisible Illness friends out there I hope you get some much needed rest and feel better, or feel as good as you can. Take care of yourselves as best you can. And for those lucky ones that have love and support you are truly blessed and I am really happy for you. Envious but happy. Guard your happiness and keep it safe like the precious gift it is.
Until next time keep happy, stay healthy and please be safe. And for those in Michigan like me stay bundled up-tonight is promising to be pretty darn chilly. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

http://www.julieg350dayinthelifewithmigraines.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment